My Photo
Name:
Location: Chitown, Illinois, United States

Pharmacy Student

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Two times a charm!

The first breakfast I ate the day after I arrived I was sitting with Josefina and heard a loud popping noise. She said it's bandits and they are running the streets because of the gangs. My eyes opened wide and I was freaked out she proceeded to give me a long story about the violence in Xela. After a few minutes, she said I'm joking! Anyway, the noise is every morning someone shoots off fire works in the street to announce it's a family member's b-day. I hope someone sets them off for me as I'll be celebrating here alone. :(

A few days ago, I was sitting at the table eating dinner with her and her hubby, I said, what type of tea is this. She grabbed the jar down from the shelf and said, shhhh, it's a secret. It's marajuana! She said it's legal here in Guatemala, but no in the U.S. Haven't you noticed I serve this with dinner and it doesn't wake you up b/c it doesn't have caffiene unlike coffee. I said, OK. I really didn't know what to say. She and her husband a few minutes later told me she was joking. She's always playing tricks on me! I'm pretty gullable right now as I can't speak spanish well. I'm much better at listening and picking up on things.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow she sounds like a great person....especially for having lived such a tough life.

Guess it didn't take her long to figure out you are gulable :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home