My Photo
Name:
Location: Chitown, Illinois, United States

Pharmacy Student

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Side notes

I forgot to tell you guys about the ferral cats. About 2 to 3 nights per week I'm awoken by cats crying or fighting on the roof of the house! I'm not sure how they get up there and not get cut as the roofs here are covered in shards of glass to protect from the entrances of burglars. Especially since a lot of houses have an open patio in the center. I'm so scared to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night as I'm afraid a rabid cat is going to jump down and bite my jugular! Sometimes we hear them scurrying around during breakfast. I never see the cats during the day only the feral dogs...I always hear the cats though.

My bedroom has holes so they filled them with various types of bags to prevent then entrance of water when it rains. However, the holes don't impede the entrance of pollution. Everytime a car goes by the emission goes right into my bedroom. God, it's incredibly suffocating! The vehicles here emit so much pollution.

Josefina is going to her nephews in November and too bad I won't be here because she said I could've gone too. Damn! I would've worn my traditional clothes too! Her daughters normally wear them, but since their work forbades women to wear traditonal clothes they always wear their uniforms for work at home. I've seen pics of them with the attire on and always wondered why they don't have it on.

Norma's best friend is getting married in August. She isn't indigenous, but Josefina said that if Nolan and I want to go then we can attend the wedding. I'd feel like a wedding crasher! Nolan, it's up to you! It's on Aug. 19 or 20 what ever is the first Saturday you arrive. We may be at the finca so we'll see. I think that's nice they will let us go to the wedding though. I hope it's OK with Norma, Josefina said it was. I guess she's going too.

That's it, my hands are cramping from typing for 2 hours!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is her nephews and why would you have liked to have gone?

Where is the wedding? Is it in Xela? How does she know it would be ok with the bride and grooms family?

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right, i would definitely not be able to handle the animal part of the market. from what you describe, i think i would be ill and you would have to prescribe me something for that.

did you know there's a vegetarian chorizo called soy-rizo? i think it's pretty good, although i never tried the meat version so i can't compare. also horchata is the best drink, i think you can make it without the milk too since it's rice-milk. i hope we can cook together when you get back and you can give me all your recipes!

do you have enough room in your luggage to bring home all these things? i would love to see the traditional skirts and aprons. are they all brightly colored dyed wool? you say you'll never wear them but you could wear them at your own wedding! hehe

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home