My Photo
Name:
Location: Chitown, Illinois, United States

Pharmacy Student

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We're at the Lake

Hey Everyone,

We went to Fuentes Georginas, walked around Xela and did the market thing, and went to Chichicastenenago. I didn't buy much at the Markets because NOlan said that I bought too much already. I tried to get a Mayan Calendar...it's a weaving and the ladies wouldn't budge. I wanted it...I should've just bought it. Nolan said, "No more jewelry...I only bought 3 pieces!" It was sad saying good bye to my family, but I left my stuff in Xela with some friends so we're going to go back and I promised them I'd stop by. Of course, they said their door is always open. I left on Sunday, b/c I thought my family would receive a new student, but they didn't. I did stop by to get the laundry I left there, I used the pila, the wash basin, to wash some stuff on Saturday night. How exhausting! Nolan took a few pics of me. They found the rat! I didn't dare look at it, but you could start to smell it. It died behind the stove and it was decomposing and worms were feeding off of it. Ick! Nolan looked at it. Had I known my family wouldn't of had a student we would have stayed w/them then at a hotel. Josefina wouldn't let me pay for Nolan staying there with us. I don't know why...I'm going to try to give her the $ one last time at the end of the month.

We're relaxing at the lake and have been town hopping by boat. It really should be the 8th wonder of the world. Our hotel is paradise! It's incredible. We're going to go in the hot tub tonight or tomorrow. We're going to try to get more ppl in it to subsidize the cost, but either way we're going to go because it'll be an experience being in a hot tub and surrounded by volcanoes. We walked to a neighboring down through the jungle...it was beautiful and not too difficult. We couldn't find the waterfall. It's sad that no matter how beautiful and lush it is here that there is garbage EVERYWHERE! the dogs look better fed here then anywhere else i've visited. I guess the hippies feed them...so many hippies by the lake and Xela too for that matter. i know our pics will pale in comparison to how beautiful it is here. Here's where we are

http://www.atitlan.com/

our hotel
http://www.lacasadelmundo.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home