My Photo
Name:
Location: Chitown, Illinois, United States

Pharmacy Student

Friday, June 16, 2006

Aguas Amargas

On Tuesday, I went to a hot springs nearby Xela, its called Aguas Amargas. Its really surreal, serene, and amazing experience. I love leaving the city and driving through the winding roads, mountains, and seeing the lush vegetation, waterfalls, and unpolluted areas. Its sometimes sad that I experience such wonderful things alone. I cant believe how hot the water is, they have quarantined off some private rooms and we asked the guy to have the water flow in and it was scorching hot. I mean its unbearably hot. Its not even comparable to a hot tub. The water flows down from the volcanoes. People created a large pool outside so that the water is cooler, its about the temperature of a hot tub, or a bit cooler as its so cool here anyway. It was truly amazing to soakand relaxwith the lush vegetation surrounding me. The clouds and mist started rolling it and a women dressed in colorful indigenous attire walked up through the mist and was looking at us swimming around the pool. It was really surreal. She has this beatiful woven sheet covering her body to protect herself from the mist. They carved out a rectangular shaped pool from the early, its really crude and can be sharp in some spots. I cut my foot while i was there. There was a snack bar and the bar tender showed us pictures before and after hurricane Stan. He said some areas of the hot springs are irrepairable and the vegetation will take many, many years to return. A lot of people lost their homes. It was unbelievable to see how much destruction it caused. The snack bar was flipped over and pushed many, many feet away from its original spot. I took a few pictures of the springs before the rain started. Of course, to me, the pictures dont do it justice. I think Ill post them when I return since Ive tried again without sucess of posting pics. I was in the water for 2 hours, it took my hands all night to deprune. LOL. Is that even a word.

Nolan, Im going to Fuentes Georgina, another hot springs nearby Xela, next week so I think itll be best if we go there too. Ive heard its even more beautiful there and the water is cooler. I cant even imagine a more beautiful place than what Ive just seen.

Also, im sorry for the poor punctuation and grammer, but I dont know how to change the settings on the computer so I cant get it to work like an English keyboard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all the natural beauty of the country. It's hard for me to even invision how awesome those hot springs must have been. Must have felt awesome considering all the cold showers you have to take!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home